Monday, April 20, 2009

Where is the time going? Suddenly our little peanut is 9 weeks old and almost 13 pounds and it's almost May.

Life is good. The first few weeks were really, really hard~ hormones, sleep deprivation, and the evaporation of our old, good life. But we are settling into our new, good life, and finding some semblance of routine.

I still look at this little dude and wonder where the heck he came from~ lessons about the birds and bees aside. He strongly resembles Scott but I can sometimes see me in him, too. And at the same time, he is clearly, innately himself.

We finally had a good experience giving Max the bottle this weekend~ he did really well. Which means that at some point, Mom can take a little break and catch a bath or a yoga class. Although I have the feeling that I'll miss him when I do take a break~ I already miss him if he's in the back seat for a long car ride, or when he takes an extended nap.

Well, he just woke up so I need to go, but wanted to not let too much more time go between entries.

2 comments:

MM said...

Thanks for the words - we're still out here listening for these new chapters!

K-Dub said...

Ditto that! :D