Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bye Bye, 2009

2010, wow! Wasn't it just, like, 1992?

So I know it's just another day and all, but I'm among those that likes to take a moment to pause and review what's come to pass and think a bit about any course corrections that might be called for in the new year.

2009 was a particularly big year for me as we became parents, which is probably the biggest single change of my life besides my brother's death. So we welcomed Max, stopped sleeping, I had a (gracefully pretty short-lived) time with post-partum depression, went to a crap-load of mom's groups, stopped eating anything fun, saw Max smile for the first time and forgave it all. I saw some old friends much less than before, and made some new friends with similarly aged little ones. I ate meat for the first time after 20 years. I made phone calls for work while holding my breath that Max wouldn't scream. And this year, what with all the nursing of my nursling, the world has become my personal Mardis Gras-- my boobs have been out on boats and in churches and restaurants, in the backseat of my car and at the mall. My boobs get out more than I do!

And for the coming year-- a few intentions/goals:

Keep using coupons and sales so I can keep within our grocery budget.

Track our finances for the entire year (usually I do this for awhile and then stop).

Write in here at least twice a month!

Deal with mail and dishes daily. Or at least bi-daily. : )

Relax and have more fun (when not tracking finances, or dealing with mail and dishes).

Go on dates at least once a quarter. (Yes, with my husband!)

Ask for, or at least accept offered help-- especially around childcare so I can spend time with Scott or do nice things for myself.

Happy 2010!

2 comments:

K-Dub said...

Bravo! Good post! I sincerely hope you keep to the "post twice a month" conviction. I "watch" you regularly.

Creepy.

I look forward to your next missive with bated breath.

Hmmm.

Please keep posting 'cause I like to read what you write!

Lynn said...

Thanks Kari! I'm watching you watching me! : )