Friday, October 3, 2008

I've again been delinquent in here... things are just kind of flowing along, without much event, so I haven't posted in awhile.

I was a little disturbed this week at my prenatal yoga class when the instructor started talking about the "ring of fire" stage of labor. And something about getting part of her vajeyjey clipped. The woman next to me--also a first-time mom-to-be--and I just looked at each other like "what the ef?" The instructor, sensing our panic, tried to sooth us by saying it was "more like an Indian rug burn." Then why do they call it the Ring of Fire? It sounds like something out of the Hobbit-- "And you must now pass through the Ring of Fire." I thought prenatal yoga class was supposed to help with stress reduction?!?

Watched the debate last night-- I have to say I was hoping it would be a little more ridiculous. Although does anyone in America really think it's a good idea to have another person in the White House who can't pronounce nuclear? You betcha', bless your little heart. And where did that accent come from? I'm from Alaska, and I'm pretty sure I don't sound like that...

Anyways. Going for sushi (don't worry, I don't eat fish of the raw or cooked variety) and improv tonight-- should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about the accent, too. You don't sound anything like that, nor do any of the other people I know from Alaska. Jeepers, or something.