Friday, January 16, 2009

So I'm fighting this intense, extremely naughty urge to start messing with my loved ones-- calling them and saying "It's time!" when it's not. What's up with that?

Things are going pretty well. Our family threw us a lovely shower on Sunday, which despite the blizzard garnered good attendance. We felt very loved and supported, not to mention Max is going to be one well-dressed bebe!

Yesterday we did a "meet and greet" with a pediatrician. I knew Scott liked him when, at the end of our visit, he gave the doc a fist bump instead of shaking his hand. My only gripe is the pediatrician seems so young-- he's like our age! When did we get to be old enough that we could be doctors?!?

And today the midwife said she thought we'd have a relatively small baby, which me and my special parts are pretty psyched about.

So things are trucking along. I've been doing tons of loads of laundry-- and am realizing that the only thing more likely than big people socks to mysteriously disappear in the wash are little baby socks. Good Lord those things are small!

I know that in my last post I complained about being pregnant, but there are some positives. It's freezing here in Portland, and I'm still warm. I'm always warm now. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not going to go for a long stroll outside or anything, but I'm not bundled up in flannel either. And maternity pants! You don't have to unbutton or unzip them or anything~ I may just continue wearing them indefinitely.

Anyways. Those are my random ramblings for the day. Denis Leary is on Oprah, so I must go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! You've been back for a couple of days' worth and I didn't catch on until today. I was very hoping there'd be another blogging surge before the little one comes. I'll be catching up today. It's looking like he'll be joining us in a snowy little city...