Friday, January 30, 2009

So I've been totally cheating on my blog with Facebook lately. It's a great way to kill time and peek into other peoples' lives a bit. There's a thing going around where people "tag" each other to write 25 random things about themselves, and I'm finding it addictive to read other peoples' lists... Because I'm lazy and gynormous I'm posting mine here to double as a blog entry.

Otherwise, all is well~ I'm still somewhat comfortable. Yesterday the prenatal yoga teacher said I didn't look anywhere near miserable enough to be at the end of my pregnancy, so I might still have some time left. No likey.

1. My parents, brother and I were all born and raised in Alaska. I sometimes miss it like an old, bad, aching love affair.

2. I have monkey toes. These special digits can remove my socks and roll them up into a tidy ball without any outside assistance.

3. The first time I moved to Maine was eleven years ago. I was on a cross-country road trip and fell in love with Portland at first sight.

4. I am pretty cheap but splurge regularly on goat cheese and vanilla soy lattes.

5. I am ridiculously hard on myself. I need to work on that, damnit!

6. I love words and the only thing I’ve consistently wanted to do as a vocation is write.

7. I don’t spend as much time with my friends as I’d like to.

8. In past lives, I’ve worked for a professional hockey team, as a barista, a photographer for an insurance company, at a bookstore, at a women’s boutique, in a newspaper, and as a volunteer coordinator. I interned briefly at a film production company in L.A. and used to volunteer a lot at the local theatre in Juneau.

9. On my wedding day, it rained. Afterwards, gobs of thick orange light dropped down just in time for the photographs.

10. The only time I remember being put on restriction involved hijinx following a Quiet Riot concert.

11. The cat that I brought home when I was 15 lives relocated to Maine to live with us. She’s 19 now and my feline soulmate, despite the late night howling sessions and the time that she dropped a poo by my pillow.

12. My sense of humor never developed beyond that of a preadolescent boy’s. If you want to see me light up with glee, say “poo” or “weiner.”

13. When I was 20, I moved to Seattle to become a rock star. This dream was hampered by both my lack of musical ability and my lack of desire to leave my apartment. I did have cool purple hair, however.

14. I married an optimist. A study in contrasts, he still surprises me, makes me laugh, learn, and sigh. We seem to be growing up together a little bit every day. I can’t wait to see him as a father.

15. People often think I am laid back and shy, rather than the anxious freak that I actually am.

16. Several people I didn’t think I could live without have left this world much earlier than expected. Surviving missing them has taught me most of what I know to be important.
17. I have fabulous parents and in-laws.

18. In middle school I once tried to break my leg to escape gym class.

19. I am terrified of getting old and losing the people I love the most.

20. I am a total homebody but sometimes fantasize about running off to Spain.

21. I enjoy doing data entry.

22. I have recurring dreams about my teeth falling out, about realizing I am still stuck in high school due to a class I forgot about, and about being out in public with my blankie.

23. In middle school, I was briefly involved in an activity entitled “Clowning for a Cause.”

24. My thirties beat the hell out of my twenties, so far.

25. Last year, I faithfully watched VH1’s smutfest, Rock of Love 2. Sometimes I watched the episodes more than once. Or twice.

1 comment:

K-Dub said...

I totally need to hear about what happened after Quiet Riot!

BTW, I'm currently reading "What's Your Poo Telling You." I giggle a lot :)