Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Crybaby

My friend Mer-Mer ever-so-gently prompted me to take this challenge of daily blog writing through the month of November. So here I am, it's my bedtime but thought I'd try to squeeze out a little something (that sounded naughty) before I hit the hay.

I am such a sap these days. Oprah and her gang talking about the election today totally made me cry. And a few weekends ago at the reception after Scott's cousin's wedding, I bawled through all the toasts and even the dances. Especially when the groom danced with his mom-- suddenly I could imagine little Maxers all grown up and getting married (to a guy or a gal-- doesn't much matter to me!).

It's nice in a way, being so connected to all the bittersweetness in the world in such a heightened way-- but it sure is hard on the mascara.

Okay, I wrote something. Night-night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! Such sweet words. I wonder which is actually weird, that most of us don't cry all the time or that the pregnant tend to. It'd sure be wet around here if we all cried when moved, but...