Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Off the Wagon

So I've been totally off the wagon with these blog entries. I admit it. I haven't been too busy or anything-- in fact, that's probably the problem. Do you really want to read about me puttering around the house, reading, writing, working, and cleaning? : )

I'm unreasonably excited about Thanksgiving. I've never been a huge Thanksgiving person~ it's been nearly two decades since I've eaten meat. But I do enjoy food, and gratitude is a good thing to practice. But I'm going to blame it on the estrogen this year.

It's a funny feeling to know we're going to have a little one around for next years' holidays. I think it means we're like, officially grown up or something. We'll probably even get a Christmas tree next year.

In the meantime, I've been thinking a lot about past Thanksgivings:

The one where we found out my uncle and his wife were expecting my fabulous little cousin, Juli.

The one where my brother and I danced to Fleetwood Mac in my grandparents' living room. I think this may have also been the one where we started calling my grandpa's wife "Yamma." And continued the yam word play, coming up with such delightful wordbites as "yampon."

The one the year after my brother died when we shared our meal with our two good friends whose husbands had also recently died.

The one after my grandparents moved to Sequim and I tape recorded the whole evening for a school project. That was the night my yamma busted out with the term "crotch crickets."


Well, those are some of the highlights. I've gotta go-- my honey's on the way home, and the tofu tacos don't be making themselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I won't be eating any pie, of course, but I too will be honorable with the meat. Thanks for getting back on the wagon. It would, actually, be plenty fun to hear about all your housekeeping. Happy T.