Monday, November 10, 2008

The Occasional Housewife

My blog-buddy Mer-Mer wrote a post on enjoying being a homebody, and I sure can relate. Work has been soooo sloooowwww lately and I am trying to just enjoy it~ these last months before my life changes so drastically to a pace that I can't really imagine. Not that it has to be a fast pace-- but I know it will be different.

I do love being home, working from home, and even not working from home. Especially this time of year, when the dark falls so quickly (one of my biggest pet peeves is that daylight savings time is a misnomer. No daylight is really saved-- it's just all shifted around!) and it's just so darned cozy to curl up with a book and a blanket.

Occasionally, I even vacuum and cook meals for us. Last Friday was such a day~ I spent much of it cleaning and cooking. It was one of those days where I thought "I could be a housewife!" But I think it's the fact that it's not being asked or required of me that makes it pallatable on certain, random days. The rest of the time, we totally need a wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just noticing the other day how much we need a wife around here, which is funny, given that we've got all the right kind of chromosomes in spades, as they say...