Friday, September 12, 2008

Dude, there's a dude in my belly! I'm still trying to get used to that. As Megan pointed out, I am practically a hermaphrodite for the time being. Pretty crazy.

Of course, this means we have to navigate the hot button (so to speak) of circumcision. I feel that it's a little barbaric-- most of the old reasons for circumcising males have proven unnecessary. One of the common arguments for it is cosmetic. I agree that they look weird to many Americans-- but it's definitely a cultural thang. It's kind of like if, right after birth, newborn elbow skins were removed and replaced with paisley blue corduroy. (Which might be kind of cool... I really like corduroy!) It would seem crazy to outsiders, but it would be the norm once established. Naked elbows would be unsightly, causing small children to cry and parents to shield their children's eyes in horror.

So those are my thoughts. But I'm leaving this one up to Scott. I figure I have to pick my battles, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love 'Dude, there's a dude in my belly,' but now I'm desperate for a new post. OK, OK, after you're done with your work...

Lynn said...

Your wish is my command. Poof!