Friday, September 5, 2008

Week in Review

I've been neglecting my lil' blog.

Here's what's new (or not so new):

  • I'm still obsessed with Sarah Palin. I'm not entirely sure why. I found her to be very well-spoken at the Republican National Convention which disturbed me greatly. I predict that if McCain doesn't win the primary, that Governor Palin will end up hosting some sort of righty talk show and win all sorts of commercial endorsements.
  • I've felt really good this last week. Last night and today have not been great nausea-wise, but I'm still grateful for this past week. I left the house many times. Yea!
  • Next week we get to find out the gender of our little one. I'm still thinking boy, Scott's still thinking girl. I can barely wait. I admire those who can endure the suspense and not find out until the birth. I am not one of them. 19 weeks seems plenty long to wait!
  • Juice is my new favorite food. It's helped me through many weeks of ailing, and though I'm feeling better, I can't seem to put down the juice. Faves of the week: tomato juice, and Odwalla OJ (not together!). Apparently the lil' kiddo is a fan of vitamin C.
  • At the recommendation of supportive friends, I'm beginning to scribe a list of all the things that need to be done in the next several months-- the things that thus far have just floated around in my head, jostling me into a sweaty panic at 2 a.m. in the morning. Things like enlisting someone to help rid our floors of stale cat vomit detritus, clean the garage before winter (we're procrastinators and must start early!), and start asking parenty people what their favorite books were on labor (!!%*$^!) and child rearin'.
  • I'm still waiting for my pregnancy glow and cleavage to arrive. If I may return once more to my Sarah Palin obsession, did you see her pregnant daughter and her hockey lovin' groom to be on the stage at the RNC? Holy boob fairy. The funniest moment though, was when her youngest daughter licked her hand like a cat and ran it through her baby brother's hair. Priceless.

So that's what's been going on around here. Not terribly exciting, but it keeps me entertained!

No comments: