Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm feeling grateful today, and also a little agitated-- an interesting juxtaposition. Grateful because my work is picking up a bit, which nicely coincides with me feeling more energetic. Grateful that it was so slow during the time I felt the worst-- makes me feel like the universe is taking care of me. Good stuff.

Agitated? Not sure why. I'm taking advantage of blaming all my moods on hormones these days-- why not, right?

We had a good weekend. Scott unexpectedly came home early from golf Saturday morning, so we got to enjoy some precious weekend snuggle time. A visit to see our new niecey passed the early afternoon, and then it was clearly nap time (for us, not niecey).

Sunday, my dad sweetly made us brunch-- my parents actually make us brunch almost every Sunday that they're in town. Not just like scrambled eggs and dry toast, either, but fancy brunches. Eggs benedict is their speciality. My mom was out of town visiting the Aunties, but Dad still put together a delicious spread. Scott and my dad, who usually mystify my mom and I by talking about golf for hours on end, were gracious enough to occasionally turn the conversation to other topics. A good time was had by all.

I took a walk afterwards-- and was thrilled to see about seven turtles sunning on the turtle log at the cemetery. I may have written about this before on here, but I've kind of become obsessed with turtles this year. Before I knew I was pregnant, when the now orange-sized kiddo was the size of a poppy seed (they always compare the size to food-- yummy baby!), I found a tiny baby turtle not much bigger than my thumbnail. He was ever-so-slowly crossing one of the dirt roads and I worried he'd get stepped on or run over, so I scooped him up with a leaf and delivered him to the turtle pond where I assumed he'd find his parents who must be searching for him. Afterwards, I realized I probably should've either let him be or just moved him into the grass by the road-- what if his parents were in another pond, or in the grass he was inching towards? What if I unwittingly plopped him down by the pond of the rival turtle gang? Hopefully this doesn't say anything about my poor maternal judgement, but we shall see!

In other stunning news, I actually made us dinner tonight for the first time in months... I almost don' t dare say it, but I believe I may have finally landed in that second trimester, honeymoon phase of pregnancy...

No comments: