Thursday, August 28, 2008

Babies and Bellies!!!

We met our new niece, Sophia Grace, this morning. She is a perfect little peanut. And honestly, I really needed the reminder that after all the discomfort of pregnancy (and I'm not ready to even think too much about the later stages-- incontinence, hemorrhoids and... labor)-- you get a prize! A little baby. And it was quite comforting to see my sis-in-law looking more like she'd just returned from a beach vacation than from birthin' a baby...

Then this afternoon I got to see my friend Megan who just moved back to Maine and is almost eight months pregnant. Megan and I were brought together by The Fates when we both worked for the Portland Pirates almost ten years ago. We quickly bonded thanks to our evil senses of humor and enjoyed several months of mocking such characters as Doug, the Office Masturbator; the Pirates Biggest Fan, Switchboard, who licked his palms before eating any foods lying around the office; and Scratchy aka Yellow Mellow (don't even ask). We actually got separated more than once by the office personnel because we could always be found in a mischevious huddle when we should've been performing important hockey-related duties.

So it was a delight to discover that we were once again being tossed together-- this time as Belly Buddies. Meegles, I'm glad you're back in Maine!

All in all, a good day, though I got nary a scrap of work done. But there is always tomorrow for that-- after all, it's almost six which means it's time to crawl into my jammies and watch bad TV.

No comments: