Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Waiting


My sister-in-law is about to give birth-- or maybe already has by now. Scott's family has been busy producing "the cousins" this past year-- his little sis had her baby girl in January, his brother's wife is in the hospital as we speak, and then me in February. I can't wait to meet our newest niece or nephew... and I'm going a little crazy waiting for the phone to ring!


It's a strange thing-- for several years after my brother died, this kind of event would be tinged with bittersweetness. The joy of having a new member of the family mixed with the sadness of knowing I'd never be an auntie to my own brother's kids. But time has swirled away-- almost ten years-- and I am just plain happy to have the amazing niece and nephew that we already have, and twitchin' to meet the latest addition.


So our digital camera has, as my grandma Jeanne would say, crapped out. So pardon the lack of context, but I just feel like posting a photo of King Scott taken on his 30th birthday. If he looks a little solemn, it's probably because that happened to be the day we moved into our new house, not because he's old.


Off to wait by the phone...


No comments: