Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Uterus Rising


We had our third appointment with the midwives today. I am really happy with them-- they are very calm, positive, and affirming. I feel lucky-- even though we live in a relatively small town, we get to have our birth attended by midwives, but still have the safety of being in a birthing center within a hospital. And I hear the rooms at the new Mercy Hospital will have Jacuzzis in them-- which Scott has informed me he'll be soaking in during my labor. Haha.


And we got to hear the little heartbeat again, which is such a comfort. And my little ole' uterus is moving on up-- right where it's supposed to be. Our midwife was a little worried that I've lost a bit more weight-- she'd like to see me on nausea medication if this doesn't taper off in the next several days. This is the first time in my life that I've actually wanted to gain weight. Although I admit the eating disordered thinking part of me disagrees-- fortunately, that's not the part of me that's in charge these days.


Last night my parents treated me to dinner at the Lobster Shack at Two Lights-- I'm embarrased to say that I've lived here for over six years and that was my first visit there. I had a delightful, nutritious meal of french fries daintily dipped in tartar sauce, all enjoyed against the backdrop of the sweeping Atlantic-- likey!
This feels a little random but I was afraid if I didn't write something today, I wouldn't keep my momentum up... so here's to momentum.

No comments: