Saturday, August 16, 2008

New


So it's time for something new. It's been a hard few months-- I always thought I'd be one of those women who loved being pregnant. Not so much-- it's hard to love it when you're nauseous and hurling and for some strange reason the scent of the first floor makes your new bloodhound self run back up the stairs to the bathroom. When for once in your life, you actually don't want to eat, but know that there's a tiny creature living inside you who needs you to.

I've been really isolated, and this is one way of making sure I am at least expressing what's up somewhere, somehow. Besides to my husband and mom, that is.

Today was a good day. I walked a bit, and read a bit, and snuggled a bit. I read some blogs of people I went to high school with-- one of whom recently experienced a similarly difficult early pregnancy, and it soothed me to read her words. Someone I had a mutual friend with in high school, but never really knew, but who after reading her thoughts, I feel I know.

On a positive note-- I am starting to be able to make poo jokes again without gagging. I am grateful for this small return to myself. In fact, yesterday something really gross happened that is now amusing. I woke up early (to pee for the forty-third time) and noticed that my cat Erica, who sleeps on my pillow above my head, smelled kinda poo-ish. I assumed that she had some poo stuck in her long fluffy fur, and booted her out of the bedroom, hoping to return to my slumber. Unfortunately, the smell was still there and I looked down to discover there was poo in the bed. Right next to my head. (The mysterious poo belonged to the cat, not me or Scott.) Turns out Scott had accidentally spooked Erica when she was in the litter box, and apparently she had finished her doody duty in the bed. At least that's what I'm hoping, and that it's not some new phase of her development as a senior cat.

So. On that note, I'll sign off. But it feels good to be here, and good to start something new.

No comments: