Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dude, where's my Glow?

The nausea is back. I really thought I'd slipped into the 2nd trimester honeymoon phase I keep hearing about, but not the past few days.

So I'm going to try and focus on what I'm grateful for:

  • I get to work from home. I don't have to crawl into an office from 9-5 feeling like this. Instead, I get to prop my little ole laptop up on a pillow and do my work from bed. With my kitty (when she's not off visiting Grandma and Grandpa) next to me. How cool is that?
  • Gilmore Girls. I know it's been off the air for several years, but Blockbuster.com has kept the dvds coming the past few months. This chick flick series bursting with fast-rolling quips has soothed me on many rough days.
  • My family. They would do anything for me and often do.
  • My husband. He's been so patient and has taken on all the most disgusting of the household chores-- cat food, litter box, cat vomit clean-up, and doing the dishes. He's run to the grocery store to grab me random craving-related items and has been to all our baby appointments.
  • My cat, Erica. I seem to write a lot about her on here. She's the creature I've spent the most time with the past few months. She is actually quite thrilled that I've taken to her lifestyle of lying in bed with short breaks for sustenance. She always knew I had what it took to be a cat.
  • I'm sick because of something positive-- I could feel this way and be having chemo treatments or some other horrendous ailments. We get a baby at the end of all this!

There's plenty more, but what a good start. It also happens to be another beautiful Maine day. Guess I can wait a bit longer for that glow to arrive. (And if the Universe is listening, when I get my Glow, can you also bring some cleavage?!?)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Perchance they will come in later. Fruit loops sound good... and glad that fet-fet liked them!

See you soon.